Thursday, December 14, 2006

Great recipe

I wanted to pass this recipe along to all of you, as I tried it last night, and I was so impressed! It is extremely easy to make, and not all that bad for you in the nutrition department either. I added chicken and some extra veggies and it was oh so good! I do want to confess that I didn't find this on my own either -- I was reading this blog, because I just love her stationary and have ordered it for a couple of Christmas gifts! I saw this on her blog and decided to try it right away! Enjoy!

Fettuccine Alfredo
From Cooking Light

1 tablespoon margarine
2 small cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons light process cream cheese
1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (cooked without salt or fat)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground pepper

Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic, and saut 1 minute. Stir in flour. Gradually add skim milk, stirring with a wire whisk until mixture is blended. Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cream cheese; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until Parmesan cheese melts.

Pour sauce over hot cooked fettuccine, and toss well to coat. Top fettuccine with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and pepper.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

NUTRITION PER SERVINGCALORIES 345(25% from fat); FAT 9.7g (sat 4.4g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.0g); PROTEIN 16.8g; CHOLESTEROL 18mg; CALCIUM 333mg; SODIUM 401mg; FIBER 2.3g; IRON 2.3mg; CARBOHYDRATE 46.7g

1 comment:

Suburban prep said...

Don't get me started on how I love Cooking Light. I have been getting the magazine for more years than I can remember.